The 10 points of Princess Service
I have just returned from a fantastic cruise with Princess Cruises. I have had many great holidays over the years and have had some good and some bad experiences, but I’ve got to say, Princess Cruises has Customer Care down to a tee.
From the check in process right through to disembarkation, their ability to keep 3000+ passengers happy and organised was fantastic. I could go on about the cleanliness, the courtesy and of course the well known cruise food, and yes, before you ask, I did put on a few pounds in 10 days.
But what I want to share with you is an extract from their passenger information pack. I am sharing it not only because I believe their customer care is so exceptional and noteworthy, but also because I think it contains valuable and useful information for any business.
The 10 Points of Princess Service - To be known, practiced, owned and energized by all our crew members.
1. We strive to be the very best. We do the best job we are capable of all the time in every part of the ship. We are proud of what we do.
2. We act quickly to solve passenger problems. We do everything possible to please our passengers.
3. We smile – we are on stage. We always maintain positive eye contact and use our service vocabulary. We greet our passengers. We tell them “Certainly”, “I will be happy to do so” and “It will be a pleasure”
4. We are friendly, helpful and courteous. We treat our passengers and our fellow crew members as we would like to be treated.
5. We are ambassadors for our ship both at work and at play. We always speak positively and never make negative comments.
6. Our uniforms are immaculate. We take pride and care in our personal grooming. We wear our name tags. We wear proper safe footwear that is always clean and polished.
7. We are positive. We always find a way to get it done. We never, never give up.
8. We use proper telephone etiquette. We always try to answer in three rings and we have a smile in our voice. If necessary we always ask if we may place customers on hold. We eliminate transfer calls where possible.
9. We are knowledgeable about all ship information. We always recommend shipboard services.
10. We never say No. We say “I will be pleased to check.” We suggest alternatives. We call our supervisor or manager if we feel we cannot satisfy our passenger needs.
Now, when I read this at first I could not help but feel here was a business that was determined to provide the ultimate customer experience. Is it any wonder that Princess Cruises are one of the most renowned cruise lines in the world?
How simple would it be to adapt the above for your own business, no matter what line of business you are in? Nothing here is difficult, but embracing these simple rules, across your entire team, will make a tremendous difference.
Delivering exceptional levels of customer care will bring your customers back time and time again. Happy customers are the unpaid sales force.